Friday, January 11, 2008

Apricots in Waiting

"Apricots in Waiting"
8"x10" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

My first few paintings just sold on ebay, which I'm totally ecstatic about. Because that means that I'm reaching more people, reaching them over the internet, which is great because as much fun as shows are, meeting all of those people and sitting in tents painting and having fun, no one can do shows all the time, and no one can reach people all over the world through shows, or even through galleries. I'm gushing a little, aren't I? Sorry about that....

Oh, and I've decided something, something that affects this weekend! On Saturdays and Sundays I'm planning on posting one of my paintings each day, yes, but also one of somebody else's- spread the love around, help people to find other wonderful artists, all that good stuff.

Hoping each and every one of you guys is having a wonderful start to the weekend- I'm happy as can be, with this warm weather and plenty of painting supplies ;)

Question for the evening- how often do you really think about how remarkable our sight is? I mean, we take all of this light, all of these wonderful colors, and somehow we organize them into objects, into landscapes, into people, into all of this beauty... today I tried for a few minutes, really hard, to look at everthing in front of me without judgement, without trying to organize it into anything. I couldn't do it, of course, but I got closer, and it was nice. Beautiful.

Post #11

No comments:

Post a Comment