Friday, January 25, 2008

Can Opener


"Can Opener"
8"x10" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

This one was a lot of fun- there's something so clean about the pure form-follows-function pieces, isn't there? And then, metal is always interesting. You know my Mama has this old can opener that tiny and all metal, doesn't really have a set of handles but it works really well once you get the knack. I'll have to see if I can borrow that one to paint :)

And I'm just thrilled with how my blog is going! My wonderful cousin Stephanie emailed me to a bunch of people she knows so I've been getting a lot of hits from her area, and my Mama was showing it around at her work and one of the marvelous women there wants to buy my orchids work-in-progress post from the other day, and then I've been getting hits from all over the world- like the United Kingdom and Greece and Thailand and Spain and South Africa and all kinds of places- totally awesome! And then I've got a show coming up soon, so I'm going to do postcards at this one instead of business cards, and make sure to include the blogsite on them... I'm sorry, I'm kind of a.d.d. tonight.

But the good news is that I'll be getting my car back tomorrow (yay!), and I'll be going art supply shopping soon after that, I need to refill on some of my favorite colors and get some more canvases for my dailies. I'm also thinking of getting some smaller sizes- initially the 8"x10" just seemed incredibly tiny, but I'd like to tinker with getting a little smaller, getting even more of that "jewel" effect.

*sigh* I can't wait till tomorrow's painting! I love this :)

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend, too!

Post #25

2 comments: