Saturday, January 26, 2008

Corkscrew


"Corkscrew"
8"x10" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

Wow, today was a long day. And I'm still kicking myself for not being able to go to my cousin Susan's baby shower today... I really wish I could've been there, but I haven't had a car since Friday, and the way things were- well, now I'll be getting her back on Monday, and if I hadn't been in town it would've been more like Tuesday or Wednesday, and that would've thrown off all kinds of other things. As an additional excuse, I'm useless at baby showers- all that happiness and estrogen just leave me feeling sad that I don't have a baby already :(

Sorry about that. Bleh, I know. I'm also useless when I'm tired, and I picked up a dreadful sleep deficit this week. Somehow this painting turned out well anyway- I love the shadow, and all the little reflections on the metal, and the corkscrew part was such a challenge, but it's those challenging parts that you actually pull off that you end up liking the most, isn't it?

Post #26

3 comments:

  1. I am a huge fan of Edward's paintings. Dramatic in every way. Subject, design and color all perfectly melded. And Prolific!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to mention that I like your corkscrew paintings very much. You've got the composition and values nailed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Mary! Yes, Edward is awesome, I haven't seen a thing of his I didn't love, and I am pretty proud of myself on the corkscrew- I think working in such a muted palette sometimes helps me a lot.

    ReplyDelete