Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Indulgence

"Dove"
8x10 acrylic on stretched canvas

This one was fun. What I really wanted to do was a glass of red wine, right- so I pour a big glass of Honeyrun's Elderberry Honey Wine, which I think is wonderful, delicious stuff. The problem is, it's so dark it looks black- none of those beauitful, rich red lights showing through.

So I try it in a narrower glass, but that doesn't work. And then I drink some, figuring maybe if there's less in the glass.... well, soon it's gone, and I, who have less than no tolerance for alcohol, am a little bit tipsy. The upside is that I got to staring at one of my dark Dove chocolates, and realize that it's really pretty. So I partially unwrap one, and sit down with a glass of ice water and paint it out.

The foil was tricky, and I'm not completely happy with the effect- but it does manage to look very much like what it's supposed to be, in a very "painterly" way, so I'm content. I think next time I'll show a bit more of the chocolate, too- that'll be fun.

Post #9

No comments:

Post a Comment