Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Monet for Becky

"Monet"
acrylic and mixed media on stretched canvas
collection of Rebecca Hill

Well, I'm all caught up in a big painting today, so I don't feel like doing a daily painting.... I still should, shouldn't I? Yes, you're right... If I do one, then I'll post it, don't worry.

At any rate, let me introduce you to Monet, my niece. I did this for Becky, my wonderful sister-in-law, wanting to do a slightly abstracted pet portrait of Monet in something warm and dreamy, with lots of texture and layering to add interest. I really like it, though there are some parts that I'd like to change- and I had a lot of fun doing it, which is always nice.

Hope you're all having a wonderful day! It went and got cold here again, so the cat is acting like a lunatic... I think I'll go make paninis for supper before I get back to painting, too.

Post #15

No comments:

Post a Comment