Thursday, January 17, 2008

Whoops! Almost forgot to punch in a title...

Study of Sargent's Portrait of Lady Agnew
9"x12" acrylic on stretched canvas
SOLD

I love Sargent. Love-love-love. I've tried to reproduce that quirky smile he gave her, that oh-so-direct gaze, even that lovely thick hair, and, well... I'm certainly not Sargent, but I like the result.

Now I've got about two and a half seconds before I have to leave for yoga class, or I'm going to be hideously late. So here I go, off through the miserable, freezing rain that is North Carolina's version of winter, in my t-shirt and wonderfully comfy yoga pants and floppy little swim-sneaker-thingys. Hope you're all doing wonderful!

Okay, I'm back. Just for a minute- it's just about bedtime. Yoga was absolutely wonderful, thank you, Virginia! I feel great now. And something occurred to me while I was in class- see, there's a point, I'm not just back to waste time- the Durham Crafts Market! I have something now that I think I could sell there, next to the Durham Farmer's Market- pictures of fruits and vegetables andother happy little still lifes!

I guess pricing will largely depend on how well similar things are doing on ebay.... have any of you other artists tried something like this, at a Farmers Market? How did it go?

Post #17

No comments:

Post a Comment