Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Work in Progress

I'll have to make sure not to catch so much glare in this one, next time- I was stuck taking this picture in the dark. I tried painting some habenero peppers tonight- cutest little things in the world, all set up to get painted, and they would just not act right on the canvas.

So I went ahead and played with this one some more, and I'm really happy with it, so far- all kinds of stuff going on in the layers in the background, and the orchids just kind of glowing against it all. The leaves just showed up tonight- kind of surprised me, but they feel right.

There's something else- maybe the habeneros were misbehaving because they knew my mind was a little bit elsewhere- lately kitchen utensils and such have been popping up in the corner of my eye. I think tomorrow I may try an egg whisk or something.... a can opener, a pair of tongs, a measuring cup, pastry cutter, pizza cutter, a set of measuring spoons... how on earth do people ever run out of things to paint?

Here's to the painting-a-day thing! I was doing a little surfing earlier today, and apparently this whole thing- which the initiated apparently refer to as the POD movement- was started by a man named Duane Keiser. He's got his painting a day blog (http://duanekeiser.blogspot.com/), and then a very informative 'nother blog at http://keiseronpainting.blogspot.com/. Just in case anyone wants to go look....

Post #23

2 comments: