Thursday, June 12, 2008

the pretty things

"Glow"
5"x7" acrylic on panel
NFS

Roses from Duke Gardens again, looking at some ones I'm doing a larger piece on- and really trying to focus on the light coming through the petals, how wonderfully bright it has been here lately. It surprised me by looking kind of pastel-y in the end, very pretty and feminine. I think I'm going to try her out in a frame tomorrow- beautiful.
Oh, and I'm going to be out of town this weekend- down in Georgia for my aunt's wedding :) Really looking forward to it, but I'm not planning on doing any painting in the hotel room, so I'll probably be posting sketches when I get back instead. Love me anyways?
Resounding snores are echoing from the bedroom, and morning comes early- goodnight, ya'll!

#165
PS- just figured out how to do the linking thing- ridiculously pleased with myself, especially when you consider how simple it is. hehe.

2 comments:

  1. Kellie,
    I really like this piece--love the composition and the colors really pop against the neutral background.
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. *smile* thank you! it's always wonderful to know someone else likes a painting you're proud of, isn't it? happy!

    ReplyDelete