Thursday, July 10, 2008

Caught in my sketchbook again.

And happy to be there. So glad for the whole sketchbook thing- I don't know how other artists get by without them. A few people in my life actually refer to it as my portable brain- not that it's self functioning, but that I couldn't function without it. True enough.

The weather has been very summertime lately, somewhat hot but mostly just so humid that you feel like you're swimming every time you step outside, with a thunderstorm rolling through in the evening. (Dixon is totally traumatized by that, of course. he's afraid of the whole thunder and lightning thing) So somewhere in the midst of all that moisture, a bunch of mushrooms popped up in the apartment lawn. I got some very, very strange looks when I picked a couple and took them upstairs with me, but, well.... the sacrifices we make for art. Or for passing fancies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment