Friday, October 24, 2008

All blues and greens

Hydrangea Rain
4"x4" acrylic on hardboard panel
on hold
By popular demand, I'm working on another hydrangea piece (which I believe will be done after a longish day tomorrow, we'll see)- I guess this would be a study for it, or something... it started as a way to sort out the best colors to use, and became an end unto itself. Used that fun diagonal line, drawing in acrylic thing that's been taking over lately, it gives you the most wonderful optic blending, and with these colors.... my Darling Husband, not the most poetic person in the world but dearly beloved nonetheless, said that it felt like springtime. Maybe not what I should be going for in October, but it does feel wonderful, doesn't it? Looking forward to next year already :D
#298

No comments:

Post a Comment