Tuesday, October 7, 2008

just before bed

Amber
4"x4" acrylic on hardboard panel
collection of Ellen B Drake

Needed something peaceful tonight, so I'm going back to a certain little white and gold teacup and saucer that looks particularly good in a 4"x4" format. Broke out some new brushes, which helps a lot with the highlights... other than that, just trying to get ready for the show Saturday, and generally steer clear of losing my mind. Speaking of which, did you watch the presidential debate?!? Oh my goodness, not good for my mental health... mud slinging, stupid cliches, endless repetition, condescending oversimplifications, more mudslinging, some back stabbing, and then repetition of that first round of insultingly oversimplified glittering platitudes. Ugh.
But happy thoughts, right? Hugs and kisses and rainbows. And that awesome band of golden light there above the tea-level on the shadow side of the inside of the teacup. Happy sigh.

1 comment:

  1. I have been watching your grow for the last year and your work just keeps getting better every time I see it! Keep it up, you are really coming along! I really like this painting, great perspective and well done! Bravo!

    Your painting on Monday OCT 6, 2008 is also very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete