Monday, October 13, 2008

Amber and Pale

Tranquility
6"x6" acrylic on hardboard panel
collection of Rob Cornish

It's a quiet Monday night, cool and filled with creature sounds- birds, insects, skitterings and chatterings that belong to other things you can't really tell apart by sound. It's nice :)
  • peace n. 1 [the state of being without war] armistice, pacification, conciliation, order, concord, amity, union, unity, reconciliation, brotherhood, love, unanimity; see also AGREEMENT; FRIENDSHIP. 2 [state of being without disturbance] calm, repose, quiet, tranquillity, harmony, lull, hUsh, congeniality, equanimity, silence, stillness; see also REST 3 [mental or emotional calm] calmness, repose, harmony, concord, contentment, sympathy; see also COMPOSURE; RESERVE. -at peace peaceful, quiet, tranquil; see CALM. -hold one's peace be silent, keep quiet, not speak -make peace end hostilities, settle, reconcile

Tonight it seems like that is what my paintings are really about, what I'm really trying to find in them.... what I'm hoping to share. I hope so.

#287

1 comment:

  1. I really get the 'peace' part of your paintings. This one is really, my favorite so far. I admit I love cups and saucers, though! I love the tonality of the piece, too. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete