Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Study of Michael
9"x12" acrylic on toned paper


Not much of a halloween evening for me- husband is halfway sick and having to work tomorrow, so we're staying in and being good, not even dressing up, and trick-or-treaters apparently don't do this apartment complex- but it's been a good day anyways. And just imagine, tomorrow is November! Crazy, isn't it?
Back to the people studies on this one, and I swear, facial hair will be the death of me. Seriously, have you ever tried to paint a close-cropped goatee? Dude. But the stong jaw/sensual mouth combination came across well, and I swear those eyes are laughing at me :) And I already know what tomorrow's daily is, and I'm looking forward to it being Saturday and getting started on a couple of wonderful ideas I've got running around in my head....
#305

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful paintings, and the portraits, full of life. I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much- Im glad you found my blog as well :)

    ReplyDelete