Sunday, October 26, 2008

I wish my computer could experience pain...

Hydrangea - Edge of the Light
8"x10" acrylic on hardboard panel
sold - private collection

Explanation of the post heading.... so I could experience the joy of inflicting pain on it. Ugh. Technology is awesome.... until the day it screws up and it's not so awesome anymore. Thankfully, though, I puzzled out a different way to finangle pictures into the computer, and I can share number freakin' three hundred with you, how exciting is that?


Beautiful one, too. Really happy with the way it turned out- the feeling of light is really there, and some parts of the water are just amazing. Fun colors, and a really pure, warm feeling to it. *sigh* See the way the light turns green in some parts of the shadows? And the bright spots in the reflection? And then those endless, echoing circles in the shallow bowl the hydrangea blossom is resting in...


#300

2 comments:

  1. Kellie, I think this is your most beautiful one yet. The delicate way you handled the light coming through the petals is sublime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much! the hydrangeas are such a difficult subject, but I really believe theyre worth it :)

    ReplyDelete