Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Sunshine and Pixie Dust

Illumine
6"x6" acrylic on hardboard panel
sold - private collection

I am just hardcore going for these warm colors lately, aren't I? Guess the strangest thing is how long it took me to notice....

Ok, so I'm a dork and totally obsess over words. So, straight to you from Webster's Thesaurus (it really does sound a bit like a dinosaur, doesn't it?)....
  • light v. 1 [To provide light] illuminate, illumine, lighten, give light to, shine upon, furnish with light, light up, make visible, make bright, flood with light, fill with light; see also BRIGHTEN
Because of the way the flower had to be, with the backlighting and everything.... you're painting petals you can't even see, you know, because the light shining through the ones you can see delineates them. It's beautiful to me.
#282

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my "other" blog, A Colorful World! I appreciated your comments so much! Wow, you do have a theme going with the warm colors! I love this one, too....I once tried to paint a conch shell with a backlight--VERY difficult!

    ReplyDelete