Monday, November 3, 2008

Another angle

Study of Michael II
9"x12" acrylic on toned paper

The reflected light at the base of his jaw and under his chin is wonderful... trying to model his shoulders and the top of his chest was an absolute bear. Considering I want to do a good-sized shirtless portrait of him, I guess it's something I should get used to :) It's just so different though! I'm used to non-face flesh I paint being much plumper and more feminine, I suppose... oh, well. Also plotting on some orchids, and some more coffee- so make sure to come back and see!
Other than that... well, Monday night. What else is there to share? The cat's headbutting me, he wants some attention because Darling has already gone to sleep.... for some reason I'm not tired yet :/ Ooh, I'll get started on tomorrow night's orchid- yay!
#308

No comments:

Post a Comment