Thursday, November 27, 2008

Kitty cat, Thanksgiving Day


In the Light
5"x7" acrylic on hardboard panel
collection of Lisa Gloria

My sister-in-law's cat, Monet, napping in the bright sunlight streaming through the window and across the big, gorgeous bed.... nice, comforting, and I can practically feel the purring emanating from the painting. Just a few colors, nothing too complex... just something soft and warm and peaceful and still. Comforting. Happy thoughts, and happy holidays.

*hug*

#332

2 comments:

  1. Kellie,
    I love the peaceful feeling of warmth and light, and the ripples of light make a wonderfully interesting and unique composition.
    Lovely!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Faye! That's exactly what drew me to the scene to begin with.... I'm always so grateful when I find something that's already so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete