Sunday, November 30, 2008

shadows and such


Roses Sketch
9"x12" acrylic on toned paper

Just tinkering with an idea I've got in my head. Seems like a much better idea than trying to put it on hardboard as an official painting, and then deciding I'm not so sure about it, and trying to fix it half a dozen different ways... yep, much better this way. Really love the shadow, but I'm thinking it might look better from immediately overhead.... but then we don't get to see the vase of roses from the side and all that prettiness :(

Well, I'll have to try that idea next and see how it feels, I guess. And be grateful that I can get gorgeous roses like this in the middle of winter, that's something to enjoy as well. Hope you're all having a wonderful end-of-the-weekend!

#335

No comments:

Post a Comment