Tuesday, December 30, 2008

happy birthday to me

Portrait of the Artist
8x10 acrylic on hardboard panel
Well, I figured its been ages since the last time I tried a self portrait, and a birthday seemed like a good time to try.... 26 today, in case youre wondering :) And the whole self portrait thing hasnt really gotten any easier, even though Im definately a better artist than I was the last time I attempted this. I look a bit anxious, dont I? Serves me right for trying to pose and concentrate on painting at the same time.... weird experience. And Ive decided my nose is impossibly weird. But fun to try to paint.
Hope you like it too :)
#365

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 365 days of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I am so glad I decided to do the whole painting a day thing, I must say...

    ReplyDelete