Monday, December 29, 2008

paperwhites and patron


Waning Moon
6x6 acrylic on hardboard panel
collection of the artist

By way of explanation- I got these lovely paperwhites and the farmers market and dried them out after they started wilting, and impulse-bought an airplane bottle of patron tequila at the abc store because I suddenly decided it was just the most wonderful little bottle I had ever seen.... and that seems like such an absurd, mundane, coincidental explanation for what might be my favorite-painting-Ive ever-done. Hm. Well, nothing wrong with things coming together of their own accord, is there Hope not ;)
Seriously, though, click on it and look-see up close. All the little lines coming together to make that illusion of transparency.... *happy sigh* And now it is soooo past my bedtime, so Im out. Hope you all have a wonderful night!

#364

4 comments:

  1. I love patron bottles as well. great painting. I am amazed that you can produce such great artwork on a daily basis - just amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely - the colors you chose are subdued and your composition is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, three comments on one painting- I feel so blessed! thanks so much to each of you :)

    ReplyDelete