Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Arab Stables

6x8 acrylic on canvasboard
... and probably the last one by Sargent for a little while. More realistically, for a couple of days- I really, really enjoyed this one! Really studying something makes you realize the pattern of the light area, how he positioned the darkest darks, how wonderful that red saddle right there in the middle is and how much he must've enjoyed painting the butts of those other two horses, especially all the colors on the middle one. And something I'd never noticed before, the durn chickens on the ground! Barely even there, and somehow they add just the right touch. I've got so much to learn, but that makes me feel more hopeful than anything.
I mean, I'm coming up on post #900 now. Can you imagine how much my work will have grown when I get up to post #1800? Crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment