Monday, July 12, 2010

Mango on Green


6x6 acrylic on canvasboard
nfs
And a mango, admiring its own reflection :D I was complaining to myself that I don't much like eating the fruits that I most love to paint, and that the ones I love to eat... but I was wrong. I already knew I was generalizing, but I was just regular old wrong :) I can't really cut a mango in half and paint it that way, theres the stupid pit to consider, but I realized that the outside of a mango is every bit as expressive and personable as a pear!
This one was fun to paint, once I figured out the color change- I actually had to paint it back to white and let it dry once, so I could start over with new glazes of color on the actual mango part, but it was worth it...
And this is the little Nugget- nine months old today! She's walking now, and of course is still the most beautiful, perfect little girl in the whole wide world. Not that I'm biased or anything :)


No comments:

Post a Comment