Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Broken Shell in Cedar Box

9"x12"
Wow. The thousandth post.
I've learned so much, grown so much artistically, tried so many new things. Even had a baby along the way, can't forget her.... :) Eleven months old now, sitting next to me drawing a picture right now. I did another broken shell piece tonight (the shells were amazing at the beach there for a few days, what with the crazy currents from the hurricanes and whatnot). but this time in a cedar box I got from the Durham farmer's market a while back. I hadn't thought to use it like this, since it's always been horizontal, filled with stuff, and with its lid on, but there's something to be said for moments of change, huh?
And thank you very, very much to the wonderful Making a Mark and to the NC State Alumni Blog for helping me to celebrate my thousandth post!
#1000

2 comments:

  1. the painting looks fab and i loved the avocado one too that was posted on the mam blog. congratulations on your 1000th painting and post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing accomplishment! Congratulations to you. I only made it to 100 :-)

    ReplyDelete