Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Evening on the Sound

8"x10"
Down at the beach- happies! Also wondering- I don't think I've seen many paintings where light pollution plays a big factor- like distant light pollution like it this one, with the sky over part of the horizon glowing yellow. Do you suppose that's just because nocturnes tend to be painted either in the middle of nowhere or right there in the middle of all the light effects?
And on a somewhat unrelated note, have you ever looked at Whistler's "Falling Rocket"? (I was really really unfamiliar with his work and had never even heard of it, but I just finished a biography on him recently and it's pretty interesting stuff) It is such a cool painting, and all about crazy lights at night. I am so going to try and get some ideas next Fourth of July!
#995

1 comment:

  1. I love this beautiful painting. I like the feel of it. Am a beach fan myself, but am now far away at the other end, in the mountains. I love all your work. Your shells are beautiful.Silvia

    ReplyDelete