Thursday, September 16, 2010

Study in Blue and Green

8"x10"
That same beautiful float from "Ocean Glass", but all by itself this time, and bigger.... I love it. Especially the shadow.
A lady at Lazy Daze told me that my work was abstract, because the objects and people in my paintings seem to be so much more themselves. That got me thinking, especially about the whole magical realism idea, and I think this painting really embodies that, you know? Without throwing anything really obvious in there, but there's the history and the imperfections in the glass, and the amazing light that's in it and shining through it, and then there's my whole studio, really, coming through with the just hints of reflections. Happy.
#988

1 comment:

  1. Love this one, beautiful with all the colour, light and reflections, I could imagine this as a much larger painting too.

    ReplyDelete