Thursday, December 15, 2011

Cherry and Reflection

3"x6"
click here to purchase
This one I did wet-in-wet... something I never do. While I was painting that was driving me absolutely insane, but once it was done I really liked how it turned out, so I'm conflicted about painting like this more often. In part because there's no knowing how much of what I like is from painting wet in wet, and how much is from really focusing on making the cherry glow....
No, that's not true. I completely coated the canvas with black, and brought the cherry out of it. That's got to be why the edges came out so right, and perhaps why the light feels so strong- because with the highlighted side and the reflected light I was builing up toward the light the whole time, so it was really the focus of the whole process. Am I making any sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment