Saturday, April 7, 2012

Curiousity

Hm... Putting two pictures on just one blogpost is trickier than it used to be...
Ah! There we go! Well, kindof.
5"x7"
click here to purchase
I am blessed enough to have wonderful friends who will graciously allow me to use their children as inspiration for paintings! And blessed to be able to do this whole daily painting thing, simply because you loearn so stinking much doing it.... like with this painting. The image below is when I thought it was done, and above the second time I finished it, because I wanted to go back through and lose some edges, and play with a few parts. The problem is, looking at these pictures it seems I lost some of the radiance in her beautiful skin....
And yet, looking at it in person, it doesn't look that way. Is it because the background got warmer, so there's less of a contrast? What would this look like with a cool background, but the same lost edges? I don't know, but I intend to find out! And let you know, too. Don't worry :)
#1552

No comments:

Post a Comment