Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Artist Appreciation Month and Degas


 Soooooooooo.... apparently August is Artist Appreciation Month. So I'm going to squish a few relevant-to-that-idea posts in here at the very end of August :)

Degas is, of course, totally awesome. Ballerinas come to mind first....


..... and then stuff like this. Which is also awesome, his modeling always blows my mind.


And then I stumbled across this fellow and liked him very much, Yes, Dagas.... googleimages is not to be trusted, apparently it can't tell the difference between Degas, Renoir, and Toulouse-Lautrec, but this seems legit. And totally inspired (cue drum roll)....


A cat. Of course, a cat.


And then this weird self portrait, which I also thoroughly enjoyed.

The wonderful ladies over at Patience Brewster told me about the whole Artist Appreciation Month thing- and that is some magical stuff, especially the ornaments!


No comments:

Post a Comment